Proverbs 22:6

Proverbs 22:6
Train up a child in the way he should go, And when he is old he will not depart from it.

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Math Facts

I still believe to this day, that Flash Master was a great purchase.  But as with anything, my kids grow bored.  So, I've had to become creative and encourage them to keep practicing.

I've made up a FlashMaster Chart.

The Rules:
1.  Each row represents a week.
2.  The child must practice 5 minutes a day for every day of the week in order to get the prize.
The prize is 30 minutes of alone media time (Wii, DS, Leapster, Computer games, etc) of their choice for on the weekend.
3.  If the child misses 1 day, they do not get rewarded the prize.
4.  If the child misses more than one day of practice, they get a half hour of media taken away from them.  (We allow our kids an hour and a half of media a day) - This rule is to encourage them not to give up if they miss a day.

Here's hoping this works!!
__________________________________
12/15/2011
We finished the 1st week of this and this is how it went:
1 Student was awarded a media prize for completing the whole week.
2 Students were not awarded a prize, but they didn't lose any media either.
So for week one, I call this a success! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment