Proverbs 22:6

Proverbs 22:6
Train up a child in the way he should go, And when he is old he will not depart from it.

Saturday, June 2, 2012

2012-13 School Room

We were having the hardest time figuring out how to fit 
5 desks,
a chalkboard,
a magnet board,
a map,
our school books,
school supplies
and school decorations in a 9' x 8' room
that only has two useable walls that oppose each other.

My husband came up with a scheme
and I ran with it!

It only took me 6 hours to clear out the entire room,
clean the desks,
rearrange school supplies,
etc.

And the (almost) end result:
We decided to put the desks head to head.  The kids can turn their heads to the left or the right depending on which wall I need them to be looking at.   Instead of buying another desk that our oldest would soon grow out of, we decided to use a little table and chair that we already owned as our youngest's desk.

View from window/chalkboard side of room.  My desk with storage beside it.  Matt built in bookshelves that run the entire length of the room on both sides.  I love it!  I changed the magnetic chalkboard into a magnet board only by sanding off the top few layers of paint.  It works great now with my AAS magnets.  (Ignore the mess in the hallway...bedroom construction in progress.)
 The room isn't done yet.
We need to hang the chalkboard up on the one wall.
And then the opposing wall needs the map hung up,
along with a timeline.

I'm excited about the new layout.
I really hope it works better than last year's many different set ups.

No comments:

Post a Comment