Proverbs 22:6

Proverbs 22:6
Train up a child in the way he should go, And when he is old he will not depart from it.

Monday, September 8, 2014

Our Latest Field Trip

Mountain View Orchards
Jemison, AL
 
Here we picked the best tasting apples that we've had in a long time.
As my son says, "It's like candy, but it's healthy."
 
They were excited to go picking
very excited


I'm trying to condition her... I WILL take pictures, it's inevitable.

The first apple

Looking for that perfect apple

He found his apple in a hard to get to spot

The Golden Delicious Team

The Fuji Team

We loaded the basket pretty well



After the orchard, I had this brilliant idea.
Let's follow the brown sign on the interstate that reads,
"Brierfield Ironworks State Park"
I mean, if they have a sign for it on the interstate,
it has to be close, right?!?
Um. No!
That is incorrect.
But, we had a good time there,
and saw a part of Alabama that we wouldn't have seen otherwise.
 
Brierfield Ironworks State Park
Brierfield, AL
 
Maybe the reason the park doesn't charge much, is because their employee doesn't demand much.
 
The covered bridge.  I let my friend go first, just to make sure it would hold us. ;)

And of course, they found the playground right away!

Part of the furnace

We don't know why this is Jake's tree, and we forgot to ask.
 Info on the furnace:



He found this really cool rock while we were taking a walk.

A forced picture at the covered bridge

And doesn't that just represent the south. :)


 



No comments:

Post a Comment