Proverbs 22:6

Proverbs 22:6
Train up a child in the way he should go, And when he is old he will not depart from it.

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Recommended Science Movie

I've been suffering in the science area the last few weeks.  Well let's face it . . . I'm suffering in the whole school area as of the last four weeks (health, time, holidays, stress, etc).  But that's not what this post is about.

Anyway, I was browsing Netflix last night waiting for my husband to get home from work and just couldn't find anything worth watching.  After watching the first 15 minutes of three different Christmas movies (that didn't go anywhere) I stumbled onto a gem.

What does this have to do with school??? you may ask.  Well, I'll tell you.

I stumbled across a movie called "God of Wonders".  I tentatively watched it, assuming it was going to be a distorted view of a Divine Creator.  But it pleasantly surprised me.  Not only did it have incredible information throughout it while focusing on God, but it was done so that my 5 year old could enjoy it just as much as my 10 year old, or even me for that matter (age not included).  =)  

I had my kids watch it first thing this morning.  They really enjoyed it and I didn't have to sift through the 'millions of trillions of billions of years ago' theories that I don't agree with.  (Yes, I ended in a preposition . . . sometimes it's warranted. - hehe)  So anyway, it was done very well.  The film has Christian biologists, scientists, etc. commentating throughout the film - some of the them are from "Answers in Genesis" and "The Creation Museum" just to give you an idea.

Not only did we learn how AWESOME God is, but we learned amazing facts about stars, lightning, hummingbirds, DNA, snowflakes . . . the list goes on.  I highly recommend this film.  It's a great reminder (and educator) for us adults too.

Clicking here will send you to the "God of Wonders" home page.
Otherwise, go onto Netflix and do a search for "God of Wonders".  (It's 1 hr 24 minutes long)  You won't be disappointed!

And can I just say, while we were waking up & eating breakfast, we watched it.  So by 9:00 am we were done with Science. Score! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment