Proverbs 22:6

Proverbs 22:6
Train up a child in the way he should go, And when he is old he will not depart from it.

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Back on Track

I'm starting this blog off with this picture,
because this was not easy for us.
The past couple months have been crazy with . . .
LIFE!
We started out of the gate on August 1st at 100mph
and by mid October we were being passed up by a snail.
 
 Life was playing Dodgeball with me and I couldn't seem to dodge.

Have you ever had those times where school is so difficult to do?
I knew I made a commitment to it and to my family.
I knew it needed done.
But I was having a difficult time doing it.
I'd do a day here.  A day there.
Just so we didn't totally quit.

Depression?
Yes.

Would I admit it?
Eventually.

Through much prayer, 
studying my Bible, 
talking with friends, 
seeking guidance, 
& dealing with past issues,
I slowly emerged from my emotional and mental fog.
-----

Now we are back on track.
We have done school everyday in January.
(except for the day I had surgery this month and the day after)
I was determined to keep going.
I even did school from my bed when I was on bed-rest for 7 days.
That was fun for the kids!
They enjoyed the change of scenery. 
I enjoyed doing something other than laying there staring at the ceiling. :)

From mid-Oct to mid-Dec I had let life determine my thought process.
I had let it get the best of me.
Most of my circumstances were out of my control.
What did I learn?
To focus on God
And to focus on my blessings - everyday!
And when those two things became my focus,
the fog cleared.
The depression ended.
I got my priorities straight.
And I trudged on . . .
Happy.

Why am I putting this out there into cyber-space?
I don't know.
It is very personal.
But maybe, just maybe, if another homeschooling mom is feeling the same way,
She'll know she's not alone and it can get better.

No comments:

Post a Comment