We ended our school year with two field trips:
First the Civil Rights Institute in Birmingham,
And second, NASA's Space & Rocket Center in Huntsville.
.JPG) |
| A very educational and important place to visit. |
 |
| 16th Street Baptist Church - the place where four little girls were killed in a bombing. |
 |
| This was not the original sign. The sign that came out of the wreckage was in the institute. |
 |
| Touring Kelly Ingram Park - the place where children were shot with fire hoses and had attack dogs set on them. |
 |
| A statue remembering children being placed in jail for singing freedom songs in the neighborhood. |
 |
| A great educational and eye-opening day! |
.JPG) |
| US Space & Rocket Center, Hunstville AL |
.JPG) |
| Standing under a Saturn V replica where we ate our picnic lunch |
.JPG) |
| C flying a rocket to the moon. She did well too! Landed that thing with no problem. I, on the other hand, did not. My rocket is still lost in space I think. :) |
.JPG) |
| Gv testing out a ride on the Saturn V. Tight quarters for sure! |
.JPG) |
| And my adrenaline junkies had to ride the G-Force. I believe their words were, and I quote, "That was AWESOME!" |
.JPG) |
| In front of the space shuttle, from this angle you can only see the fuel tank and boosters. |
 |
| Hey there IS a shuttle on top of that thing! |
.JPG) |
| Some of my astronauts |
.JPG) |
| K would only weigh 10 pounds on the moon! |
.JPG) |
| My family in the Mars Rover similator |
.JPG) |
| Just a fun fact: You know how I love those! |
.JPG) |
| Rock climbing - I'm not sure what this had to do with space, but my kids loved it!! |
.JPG) |
| We learned about thrust |
.JPG) |
| And then we figured out how many of us it would take to launch a rocket. I think it said they'd need 75,000 of Gt. |
.JPG) |
| Taking time out for a massive sugar injection. |
.JPG) |
| K landing the shuttle back on Earth |
.JPG) |
| Playing with switches in the shuttle |
.JPG) |
| Learning about Black Holes |
.JPG) |
| A K'nex space shuttle. Yeah, the kids and I want this!! |
No comments:
Post a Comment