Proverbs 22:6

Proverbs 22:6
Train up a child in the way he should go, And when he is old he will not depart from it.

Thursday, August 1, 2013

First Day of School

Well,
I'm exhausted.
:)
Our first day of school went as well as could be expected.
You have the normal hiccups.
You realize areas where you can improve.
And hey,
I only had one child cry.
And it didn't last long.
I had one child tell me they hated spelling.
And luckily, it wasn't a long lesson today.
On the plus side, 
My two older boys loved math,
All the kids enjoyed science,
And nobody complained about having to go upstairs to do school.
Infact, they all ran up the stairs to see who could get there first.
(Yeah, I'm not delusional.  I know that won't last.)
So all in all,
Not bad!

So here is our 1st day:
At 6:30am, I already had a student in the classroom. :)

We had a hearty breakfast of pancakes & sausage with OJ.



The yearly window decorating

Seeing the window for the first time
A special message to our 1st grader
I got this idea from a friend of mine.  At the end of the year, he'll make a year end sign.

Mario wishing Gv School Day greetings
His first day of school paper - Plumbing tubes & a bath tub.

I hope she remembers how cool school is come a week or two. Ha!
Her Sonic & Jay Ninjago first day of school paper.

And for my oldest... [tear...sniff, sniff]  How can he be this old???
He didn't really know what to draw, so he drew school stuff.
Gv & Gt coloring their science papers as I read.  We learned about creation and stars.

K & C working on the floor

He finished his planet paper.

"You mean I'm not supposed to be playing with this pencil instead of doing my printing????"

Gv practicing his cursive (continuing last year's book).

Reviewing numbers in math

First Language Lessons - I think they like how short the first lesson was.  (Poor K, squeezing into a 1st grader's desk.)

K thought it was hilarious that he got a Certificate of Completion on his first day!  It is kinda funny.  He only had one lesson left from last year, so we did it today.
Our 1st Read-A-Loud of the year
My kids remembered that we started school on Chick-fil-A day last year.  So of course they expected it again this year.  I didn't want to disappoint.  Plus, I needed an excuse to go to CFA.


After Chick-fil-A we stopped by a store to pick up some school supplies, since I didn't get any new ones this year.  I mean, C'mon everybody needs a dog or frog poster for school!
The name of our new school this year!  We're so excited to be a part of Shelby Crossings!

No comments:

Post a Comment