Proverbs 22:6

Proverbs 22:6
Train up a child in the way he should go, And when he is old he will not depart from it.

Friday, August 1, 2014

First Week of School

Well, we did it.
We finished our first week of school.
 
The aftermath:
Note: the coffee was for me, not my 6th grader.  Although, I'm sure she would've appreciated it. Ha!
 
I chose the craziest week to start.
What was I thinking?!?
I was hosting a neighborhood-wide yard sale.
I was in the process of publishing a book that I had written and had many deadlines.
I was tutoring, babysitting, trying to keep my house in somewhat of a decent state.
And the list goes on.
 
But we made it!
We survived!
And we only have 35 more weeks to go!!
 
In Science, we are mummifying an apple

 
And we are doing Typing Instructor for Kids again this year.  It's a big hit around here.
But we do have to work on posture! :)
The kids are now in grades 7, 6, 4 and 2.
I can't believe it!
I have a 7th grader.
[sigh]
 
Curriculum we're using for this year:
Math: Teaching Textbooks
Science: Apologia Human Anatomy & Physiology
Social Studies: ACE Pace
Geography: Maps, Graphs & Charts (MCP)
Grammar: First Language Lessons, Easy Grammar
Spelling: All About Spelling
Vocabulary: Spectrum, Wordly Wise
Electives (Finances, Art, Home Ec): Financial Peace Jr, LIFEPAC Drawing Basics, and me
Phonics: Explode the Code
Handwriting: Handwriting without Tears
Reading Comprehension: Reading Detective
Reading: Sonlight, library
Typing: Typing Instructor for Kids Platinum
 
**Stay tuned for our many adventures in the school year 2014-2015!**


2 comments:

  1. love this! thanks for documenting it all :) we start Monday... i'm not sure I'll be brave enough to post photos. lol. our aftermath will be monumental. haha. I didn't realize we both have a 2nd grader, and I can't believe my oldest is in 5th grade!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, I didn't realize we both had 2nd graders either! This week was rough. But we have one under our belt. I am using Saturday to prepare better for the next week. :) And typically I take tons of pictures of our first day, and decorate the windows with window markers and have the kids make 1st day of school art. But this year, I was just happy that we all showed up on the same day in the same room and were able to accomplish something. LOL

    ReplyDelete