Welcome Back!!
The kids were excited to start school today.
We actually had a pretty good day,
considering it kinda had a bad start.
I spilled coffee all over my Kindergartener's brand new school books.
He was very forgiving though,
and told me it was okay.
I also had to interrupt our school to tutor another student.
Once again, the kids adapted very well.
At the end of the school day,
All 4 kids said, "Awww, we want more!"
That was encouraging.
It was one of those moments that you hear of all the other homeschool moms having,
but you never had one yourself and didn't believe they truly existed.
Don't get me wrong . . .
I know that they won't be chanting that for long,
but it still felt good!
To quote my fifth grader...
"This is the best day so far this school year!!"
He was serious too.
HAHAHA!
| I decorate the school window the night before. The kids love waking up to see their name and new grade up on the window. |
| I tell them we're ready to begin and start explaining the school year to them. |
| My Kindergartner working on his Math paper. He wanted to do more when he was done. Yay! He likes it! |
| Practicing his 1s. |
| My second grader working on his phonics. He did great! |
| In 5th grade and working on English. So far, so good with him. |
| My fourth grader working on her English. I'm making her only do cursive this year. She took it pretty well. :) |
| Garrett putting up the date and the weather. |
| I'm choosing our Read-A-Louds this year. This was the book my mom used to read to me when I was my daughter's age. So, I thought it would only be way cool to read it to my kids too! |
| After seeing the words in Gavin's reader, I was concerned that I would be helping him with every other word. He did fantastic!! I couldn't believe the words he was reading. I'm a proud mom!! :) |
| Finally, almost, at the drive-thru order thingy. Love Gavin's & Kaidin's expressions here!! It was hot in the car... |
| We didn't eat in because the restaurant was packed. But we were just as happy having it at home. |
I promised the boys that when school started,
I would give them their Mohawks back.
| More than happy to get his hair cut. |
| But nobody wanted one more than this kid! He was so thrilled when I pulled out the clippers. |
| Two very happy Mohawk boys |
| Sideview . . . guess that's obvious. |
| And my little guy got his hair cut too! His request was, "With no spikeys Mom!" |
| I guess with less hair, the brain works better . . . these boys jumped right into a game of chess (or "chest" as the second grader calls it). |
Well, I'd call four kids wanting to do school again tomorrow a SUCCESS for today!
I got to enjoy those days while I have them. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment